Screen doesnt always rotateSupport

Last Updated:

1. brentbarrie

brentbarrie Member This Topic's Starter

My home screen doesnt always rotate automatically. Sometimes I have to slide out the keyboard, slide it back, then turn the phone to vertical and sometimes that doesn't even work. I have selected auto rotate and it still does this.

Advertisement
  2. RJT185

RJT185 VIP Member VIP Member

Could be issues with the acelometer(sp), if its software related a hard-reset should do the trick, if its software related take it to the store and recreate the problem for them.

3. Phishnvdub

Phishnvdub New Member

Hi guys, I've had my Droid 2 for about two weeks now. My home screen never auto rotates. I have that option checked under display options and the only way it does is when I slide the keypad out. So if I am correct, it should auto rotate on its own? I figured it was normal not to without the keypad slid out. Auto rotate works on everything else though.

4. asilver

asilver Well-Known Member

umm actually I don't think the home screens rotate on the stock droid home screen, but, since I immediately loaded launcher pro I can't remember.

Launcher pro is a free home screen app that I like to use, there are several out there.

5. RJT185

RJT185 VIP Member VIP Member

asilver is correct, the actual homescreen doesn't rotate around unless you've added some kind of enhancement like Launcher Pro.