Support Screen doesn't respond sometimes

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Matrix Leader, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Matrix Leader

Matrix Leader Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Lifestyle Manager
    Dubai, UAE
    My GF has an S4 and I have an S4 Zoom and both of them have the same problem

For example, if you are in the camera app, and you take a photo, if you click on the bottom left to look at the preview of that photo in full screen. nothing happens, until you have to presss like 5 times and if you were lucky the phone's touch screen will respond and go to that photo. this problem also happens sometimes in the Google App Store, no touch works I have to force close the Google Store then reopen it then the phone works normally.

I checked the software but my phone already has the latest it says

Anything I can do? or must I wait for a software update? or do all these phones suffer from this problem? :(

Advertisement
  2. Matrix Leader

Jul 26, 2012
    Lifestyle Manager
    Dubai, UAE
    anyone?????????

3. markyboy81

markyboy81 Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2012
    Are you sure it's the touchscreen and not the phone freezing up or just taking a long time to respond? Because mine does that from time to time

4. Matrix Leader

Jul 26, 2012
    Lifestyle Manager
    Dubai, UAE
    it might be but it's darn annoying. such a brand new phone shouldn't do this. My previous S3 never did this :(

5. Goodspike

Goodspike Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2010
    Male
    Seattle
    Were you using a MicroSD card in both? Maybe the delay is accessing the card?

6. Kershma

Kershma New Member

Aug 28, 2013
    Hi, I have the same issue. My phone isn't even 2 months old yet and it has been freezing on me for the last couple of days. And just last night stopped charging. When I placed it in charge the charging single does not show at all. Thinking it was the charger I tried charging my sisters s3 and its functional. SO it my phone only. Now its dead and when I try to charge it again it just keeps vibrating but NOT charging :mad: :thinking: :(

7. Matrix Leader

Jul 26, 2012
    Lifestyle Manager
    Dubai, UAE
    yes im using a micro sf in both it's one of those super fast class 1 micro sds though bro 32 GB

8. scott_

scott_ Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2011
    electrician
    Central Iowa
    As an experiment, change the picture storage location to the internal storage(not the SD card) and see how it acts/responds.

I have read threads about some users having issues with SD cards. No patterns to card size or class, or where the card were purchased, but a lot (not all) had issues with non-samsung branded cards.