Screen fades during a call.....

Last Updated:

1. stevep94

stevep94 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have a bit of an issue where the screen fades to black (almost immediately) whilst I'm on a call - either handheld or using bluetooth, and its a wee bit annoying!?!?

Oftentimes I need to access either the keypad (ie. for deleting answerphone messages etc) or calendar etc whilst on a call and its basically locks and I have to slide down and do my unlock code to get access!?!? :confused:

Is there any way to stop this and force the phone to just show the call screen throughout any call??

Thanks muchly.......

SteveP

Advertisement
  2. nacatomi

nacatomi Well-Known Member

You've not got something blocking the proximity sensor have you?

Sometimes screen protectors or cases can block it and cause the problems you are experiencing.

Its located in the black surround of the screen at the top about level with the left hand edge of the power button.

Edit: Try an app called Sensor List... It will tell you for sure if its the proximity sensor.

3. jay_kay

jay_kay Well-Known Member

Hello mate,

It does this so that you don't accidentally press anything with your face while on the call. Normally when you take it away then it will re-appear. Is this not happening?

4. stevep94

It does reappear when I move the phone when I'm using the handset manually but if I'm on my handsfree bluetooth then I cant seem to easily access the pad etc! :confused:

SteveP

5. Phenomenological

Phenomenological Well-Known Member

As mentioned above, does your handsfree kit cover the sensor?

6. Griff_LI

Griff_LI Well-Known Member

I don't remember what happens when I'm on the BT headset - I suspect the screen will lock. If I needed to use the keypad at that point I'd expect to have to unlock it first. I don't tend to make calls to call-centres or other menu-driven systems while driving so it's not a problem. If I called voicemail while driving (and I wouldn't usually) I suspect I'd simply leave the message on there until I wasn't driving and could call to delete it (or delete it next time I got a message).

7. stevep94

I dont think so, the holder I have it in doesnt go anywhere near the top of the phone!

SteveP

8. stevep94

Thanks for the phone safety lesson! :p

I dont either but there are occasions when I use my handsfree when I'm not moving!

Just wanted to keep the screen on so it was usable really.

Not a major issue if it cant be done!

Thanks for all the replies guys!

SteveP

9. firedesire

firedesire Well-Known Member

Have you tried resetting the screen timeout to its maximum....30 mins, this should keep the screen on for long enough to complete your call. ;)