Screen fail

Last Updated:

1. burgertime

burgertime Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well I was just trying to setup my exchange server when all of the sudden it looked like black smoke went all over the screen. The LCD screen died. I went straight to Sprint in a hasty manner not realizing I would have to exchange it at Radio Shack. Then just as mysteriously as it died it came back on, but this time with a very shady looking screen. RS said they will replace the phone for me, but no RS around here has one for replacements. Saw one guy had to do the same at BB. What is up with that? You would think they would have a reserve for defective phones. The way they have handled stock has been a cluster ****. Which is kind of good news because it means the phone is a winner for Sprint.

Advertisement
  2. RoadkillStewie

RoadkillStewie Well-Known Member

It's the first notice I've seen of that kind of failure, so why do you think any store would have 'reserves' on the first day of release. The forums have been full about locations that had more pre-orders than devices.

3. burgertime

Well you would think for "just in case" you would have backup for any exchanges. It's called pre planning your inventory. You have a set amount you can sell and then a set amount set aside simply for emergency. It's basic distribution management.

4. Bek

Bek Well-Known Member

Well that sucks. Hope they can find a replacement for you ASAP!

5. BetterMost

BetterMost Banned

This was happening with some Incredibles also. Have you tried a battery pull?

6. RedWingsFan

RedWingsFan Well-Known Member

This is one of the cons about being an early adopter. When you are having issues, it may be tough to get a replacement right away. I would be on the phone with Sprint asking for a new one overnighted or you want your money back. They will most likely take care of it for you.

7. burgertime

I'll say this, and it's a testament to basic customer relations, I received a call back saying I should be able to get a replacement tomorrow and worst case I'll get one on Sunday or Monday. He also said he would do something special for me since this happened. The fact that he was so polite and ready to keep me as a customer totally erases the first bad experience I had with them.