Screen flashes black with clockSupport

Last Updated:

1. Mapome

Mapome New Member

My S4 frequently flashes a black screen with a clock on it. It especialy happens when I use the keyboard. It will sometimes happen 4 times in a row and it closes the keyboard when it happens. Please help.

2. Mapome

Mapome New Member

Nobody that can help?
  3. tytlyf

tytlyf Well-Known Member

You may want to check your installed apps. Install anything recently? Take a screenshot of what it looks like with your phone.
  4. Mapome

Mapome New Member

I uninstalled all my recent installed apps. The flash is too quick to capture.
  5. BigRedGonzo

BigRedGonzo Well-Known Member

Put your phone to sleep. Lay it flat on a flat surface. Wave your hand over the phone. You may have to try a couple of time to get the phone to see you. Does the screen that pops up look the the screen you get when you do the above?

6. Adara

Adara Well-Known Member

I'm guessing it is the same problem akane is having here.

I have no solution to this problem, but I'm thinking we need to put these two together.
  7. ashaipatel

ashaipatel New Member

I'm have the exact same problem on my new s4 as well, it only happens sometimes and always only when I am typing. It's something real strange. I hope some fellow androider's help us figure this out.
  8. davidanddelo

davidanddelo New Member

I'm having a similar issue as well. However, I've managed to figure out that my magnetic case is activating the "S View" mode of the Galaxy S4. Whenever I double the case backwards (opened up), the magnets sometimes mess it up.

I haven't figured out how to disable yet.
  9. cmccarthy

cmccarthy New Member

I have been having the screen flicker going to black clock problem on the S4 now for 2 months. After doing a factory restore and nothing installed or setup on the phone I did some tests. It happens only when there is 4 bars or less on the Vodacom GSM/Edge network. It does not happen on 3G, HSDPA or LTE. Setting the phone to WCDMA fixes the problem but I travel to places where there is only GSM/Edge signal. Funny if I swop from Vodacom to another provider the problem goes away. I would really love a permanent fix for this.
  10. Bimo3601

Bimo3601 New Member

Guys..had the same problem for past 2 weeks.
    My S4 keep flashing w/ black screen and time for 1-2 seconds. And it always during EDGE network.
    Try to uninstall chrome and whatsapp. Works for me.. Hope for last.
    If you find its work for you, just quote me thanks.

DEEPON ROY New Member

I had the same problem with Samsung Galaxy S4... uninstalled apps like opera , weather n clock widget, n whatsapp.
    Issue has been resolved.
  12. nimagk

nimagk New Member

I Discover this problem only happen when mobile data is on. when mobile data is off, this problem never occur, even by using WiFi this problem would not happen. please help to find relations between mobile data and this damn black sheet of date and time