• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

paulnaude

Lurker
Jul 1, 2014
My screen starts to flicker at random times and then sometimes stays blank, with only the menu and back buttons lighting up when pressed. In some cases I can press the power button and get back to unlock screen but at other times I have to keep the power button in until it shuts down.

I tried disabling and uninstalling as many apps as possible, clearing the ram, closing all running programs, the OS is up to date etc.

It occurs more often when using S Note, but even after closing S Note the screen may continue to flicker after showing the home screen or settings page.

It is unfortunately so random, that I can't catch it on camera in time, except when it does go totally blank of which I have a video.

I am also sure it will not show itself when taking it to a service centre. I can't trigger it at will and when it does occur I can't stop it (unless I try to capture it on video with my phone ;-)

Anyone having this issue or know how to find out if its a specific app that cause this?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones