• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Screen Flickering Issue

TikPandora

Lurker
Jun 13, 2012
I am the owner of a brand new Samsung Galaxy Proclaim, and this is my first android smart phone. I have noticed something odd though. When the screen goes dim, for whatever reason, it begins to flicker like mad. Hopefully it is a software issue, because I would much rather fix something like that.

No idea how to fix it, probably the software hunting for the correct brightness level, but when I'm in those conditions, I just set to manual brightness and the flickering goes away. There are several default brightness levels, so you can usually find one that's appropriate for the condttions the fone is in.... Works for me.

Upvote 0
I just exchanged mine for a different phone, and the new one still has a little flicker on certain brightnesses, but it is nowhere near as annoying or noticeable. I think I will just stick with this one, seeing that other's are having the same issue my last one had. I would much rather have this little flicker than the atrocity that the last phone had.

Upvote 0
Hello,
Mine does it, not all the time though, when I click on gallery. Or sometimes when I'm in there, and click on a picture to try to use it as wallpaper. But like I said not all the time but often enough. The only thing that resolves it is to shut the phone off and then back on. But who wants to do that all the time?? Anybody else have this issue??

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones