• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Screen flickering problem

mattressback

May 28, 2010
hi, this problem has only happened once but has got me worried.

had my desire on charge last night as usual, woke up in middle of the night, hit the button on the top of the desire so i could see the time, but rather than the screen lock appearing my homepage appeared but it was rapidly flashing between that and a white screen and was unresponsive. I have the spinning earth and moon live wallpaper for weeks now and the moon was moving back and forth a tiny amount much like when you press pause on an old VCR.

After a few seconds swiping with my finger it eventually responded and the flickering went but came back when i swiped screens once more. i unplugged it from the charger and it did it again.

i then took the battery out and put it back in and since then it seems to be working normally. I also noted that the clock had been frozen at 00.15, when i resolved the prob it jumped to the true time of 03.30. 00.15 was probably about the time i put it on charge so has plugging it in caused it to lock up?

anyone experienced this? should i be worried?

cheers

I've had my X since launch day...this has happened twice...it flickers -that's the only word I can come up with- and both times I think happened when I was on my contact list trying to scroll through names. It got stuck, I couldn't get past the A's and it was doing the whole flickering back and forth then locked up. I had to pull the battery to clear it up....It just happened tonight so I may give Verizon a call tomorrow and see if anyone knows what might be causing this...

Upvote 0
I've had my X since launch day...this has happened twice...it flickers -that's the only word I can come up with- and both times I think happened when I was on my contact list trying to scroll through names. It got stuck, I couldn't get past the A's and it was doing the whole flickering back and forth then locked up. I had to pull the battery to clear it up....It just happened tonight so I may give Verizon a call tomorrow and see if anyone knows what might be causing this...

I'm quoting myself here to update....I went into the VErizon store- big mistake! I know better - got treated very rudely by a cs rep - He very rudely told me and everyone in the store it was because I didn't have a task killer on my phone that I was having this problem. I ATTEMPTED to talk with him about why he thought..he stated the Motorola rep advised them the task killer needed to be on the phone otherwise there would be all sorts of issues (even tho my issue was just when I was in the contacts) when I questioned him about the task killer, his response was, "listen, I'm not going to argue with you I'm just telling you what Motorola is saying...." I walked out before my head exploded. I called Verizon tech support and of course the tech's response was the task killer is not going to fix your problem, check to see if there's an app that might be causing this issue first and we'll go from there. I was going to let this whold rude business go but I couldn't. We're a long time (and I mean long time) Verizon customer and they've gotten more money out of us then I care to admit. I called the manager. I hate to get someone in trouble but there's no reason to be rude and arrogant. All I wanted was an answer. So please someone remind me next time, even if you have to stab me in the eye to do it, not to go to the VErizon store. It has never been a good experience. ever.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones