• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Screen Flickering while on call?

Crazy Serb

Lurker
Dec 15, 2012
Anyone get a flickering screen while on call?

As in, I'm talking to someone, I turn the screen back on to enable bluetooth to hook up my bluetooth adapter... and I can't even touch the screen cuz it goes on for a second then flickers back off then back on then back off... it's useless while on a call, so to speak, as I can't do anything with the phone while I'm talking to someone.

Anyone know what's up? How to fix this?

Hi Crazy Serb. Welcome to Android Forums. You might make certain that the proximity sensor is clean. I'm not certain where it's at on your phone but it usually toward the top of the glass just above the viewable screen. It senses the presence of your face during a phone call and turns off your screen to conserve battery. Often a bit of grime or an old screen protector will fake the sensor to thinking your face is against the screen. I hope this helps and I hope you enjoy these forums.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones