Screen flickers and turns dark in camera modeSupport

Last Updated:

1. msg7529

msg7529 New Member

I got my Droid DNA a week ago and as I was trying out the camera last night, the screen faded out and turned into a bunch of lines and just froze there. Pressing the hard buttons didn't work but when I turned the screen off and turned it back on, everything was fine. It only happened 2-3 times when I shot the camera under 4:3 ratio instead of 16:9 (widescreen). The screen froze when I went to gallery from camera. I actually tried to take a screenshot when the screen froze but when I looked back at the screenshot, it was normal as if I took a screenshot when using my camera.
    I have set the ratio back to 16:9 and been using the camera for an hour today without any issues.

This is the best I could describe and I was just wondering if any of you guys have encountered this problem before.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. lou61166

lou61166 Well-Known Member

Never had any issues like this,i would contact Verizon for a replacement.
  3. msg7529

msg7529 New Member

Could this be a software or hardware problem though? I feel like if it's a camera glitch or something an update can probably fix it.
  4. lou61166

lou61166 Well-Known Member

Seeing i am not seeing a trend of posts stating your problem,in my opinion it is isolated. you could try a factory reset,and then request a replacement if the issue continues.
  5. msg7529

msg7529 New Member

Droid DNA Weird Camera Glitch **SOLVED** - YouTube

I found this online and that is exactly what happened. It seems like some people have encountered this problem too only under some weird circumstances...