Screen FreezesSupport

Last Updated:

1. xguy

xguy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, I've had my Incredible for about 6 weeks and the screen freezes and random when I receive a call. I've done a search here but have read any solutions. The first time it happened I called verizon and they fixed it over the phone, but only lasted a few days. I took it to the store and the verizon "tech" guy put advanced task killer on it which didn't help, but now my battery doesn't as before.

Being a new phone I thought putting the ATK was strange.

Any help will be much appreciated!

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. ikadakimas

ikadakimas Active Member

Honestly, even with Facebook pictures and Custom Ringtones for my contacts, I barely get a lag... let alone a freeze. The "tech" that advised you to install ATK is clueless. Bring the phone to the store and ask for another one. Good luck.

3. Stupifier

Stupifier Well-Known Member

Ya, I never have freezes while receiving a call or on a call. I actually RARELY have a freeze at all (Maybe once every 2-3 months).....and it seems to only be caused by some App performing poorly, not the phone.

Maybe you have some kind of App triggering an event when you receive calls. Do you have anything special setup when you receive a call? If so, I bet whatever app is helping you do this "special" thing is the culprit.

Rant [not at you OP]:
    I feel like the majority of people with unique issues with their phone are just having some conflict with an App or Apps. So they blame the phone because they do not know. In reality, with Android OS supporting such a wide variety of phones, it is not surprising that some Apps cause a conflict on some phones in special circumstances. Sure, the Dev's come out with updates and fix what they can....but many times, they cannot or do not fix everything for all phones.

People end up going through like 3+ replacement phones and never wise up.....maybe it isn't the phone causing your problem.