• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Screen freezes

Network Guy

Lurker
May 11, 2012
Greetings,

I have an LG Optimus S model LS670 from Sprint PCS. Recently I accidentally cracked the phone's screen. I bought a direct-fit replacement on eBay. While the replacement screen looks just as good as the damaged one, now the screen arbitrarily freezes or won't wake up from sleep mode.

I could be in the middle of a call or texting and the phone is working normal but the screen will freeze. The only way to unfreeze is by hitting the power button once to put the phone in standby and hitting it again to go back into the phone.

I have a feeling either I messed up the digitizer or some other bizarre circuitry anomaly is happening ever since this incident. I'm trying to avoid replacing this phone so I don't begin incurring the extra $10 monthly fee for the same 3G service I'm getting now.

Any suggestions?

TIA

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones