Screen glitch and power rocker glitch.

1. MrTolk3

MrTolk3 Well-Known Member

Ok, so I got my 16g nexus 7 from Wal-Mart probably a week ago. I love the device, gaming is incredible. Movies are great on the go, everything is nice. I am on stock Rom unlocked and rooted, I see no reason to flash a custom recovery. My question is does anyone have the same glitches as I do? Sometimes it'll take up to five times to get the power rocker to even do what it's supposed to. Also my screen gets a vertical white line down it randomly. Anybody got any clue about this? I would just like to know if it's just me.

Advertisement
  2. CYNICALifornia

CYNICALifornia Well-Known Member

No issues like that here. I'd do a nandroid backup factory reset. If that didn't work ID save my backup to my laptop and exchange the table for a new one.

You can do the backup from Wugs, or from the TWRP custom recovery, which is my biggest reason for having a custom recovery.
  3. MrTolk3

Good looks. Im prolly gonna do that. Is there anything we need to do for our warranty or does it just require receipt?
  4. CYNICALifornia

In doubt the Blue vests will notice anything, but unrooting is easy enough, you might as well.
  5. MrTolk3

No i meant for the warranty, like is there anything I need to fill out or sign up for?
  6. CYNICALifornia

Idonno. It try taking it back to Wally World first.
  7. MrTolk3

Ima give it a couple more days of use first, then I'm gonna return it. All I got do is figure out how to disable the 4.2 update. Those notifications are Damn annoying and I wanna wait until kits working well.
  8. CYNICALifornia

In have no problem with 4.2 except that franco has not released a kernel for it YET.
  9. carracerz14

carracerz14 Well-Known Member

As long as you are within 15 days you can exchange or return it at Walmart. I broke my screen and told them it was broken when I opened it and I got a new one. Never bothered to unroot or re lock either.
  10. axelxbc

axelxbc Well-Known Member

I had the same problem with the vertical lines randomly popping up on the screen. And I also bought mine from Walmart. I just took it back and now have no problems.
  11. lucky013

lucky013 Well-Known Member

You mean like a streak of lightning or a line that stays there? I get a streak like lightning every so often. It happened on both of mine.
    Custom recovery is important for making nandroids..