• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Screen Glow During Idle

Forluhn

Lurker
Jun 20, 2013
First time poster here since I was unable to find anything on this topic here I am!

So I've had my HTC One V for a few months now and I've had a relatively positive experience with it. Every morning I'll check the battery level and compare it to the night before (Aprox 7 hours). Some nights it drops 10% while some it will drop upwards of 30%, initially I blamed synchronizing email applications but I was able to eliminate that as a cause. Occasionally when the lights are off and my room is completely dark I can see my phone glow, the screen has a very dim even glow on the screen. It is this glow that leads to the large drop in battery life. The only way to stop the glow is to hit the lock button twice to bring it to the home screen then off again. Although this isn't such a large issue, my concern is idling during the day time when I can't see the glow, although I'm assuming it is still happening needlessly draining my battery.

Does anyone else get this problem?

First time poster here since I was unable to find anything on this topic here I am!

So I've had my HTC One V for a few months now and I've had a relatively positive experience with it. Every morning I'll check the battery level and compare it to the night before (Aprox 7 hours). Some nights it drops 10% while some it will drop upwards of 30%, initially I blamed synchronizing email applications but I was able to eliminate that as a cause. Occasionally when the lights are off and my room is completely dark I can see my phone glow, the screen has a very dim even glow on the screen. It is this glow that leads to the large drop in battery life. The only way to stop the glow is to hit the lock button twice to bring it to the home screen then off again. Although this isn't such a large issue, my concern is idling during the day time when I can't see the glow, although I'm assuming it is still happening needlessly draining my battery.

Does anyone else get this problem?

Well in jellybean this is from the rom not properly saying "yo kernel, turn the screen off" so I modified the kernel source to think a little more. Now the rom says "yo kernel I'm not throwing anything to the screen right now." an the kernel says "ight bro I got you. Let me turn off all the leds for the back light" lol that's not exactly what happens but it's easier to understand

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones