Screen goes black after dialing and won't come backSupport

Last Updated:

1. alienrj

alienrj New Member

ZTE Warp, the screen will go black after dialing and not come back. No buttons will work. Have to remove the battery and restart the phone. Doesn't happen all the time but sometimes it will happen all day long. Some days not at all.

I have viewed other threads on this forum and many say that the case can sometimes cover the face sensor. That is not the case here because I can remove the case and anything that could be block it yet the screen will not come back from black or respond to anything. Power button does nothing either.

Advertisement
  2. LilBit

LilBit Well-Known Member Contributor

I had that problem also. It went away after I rooted and put on a custom rom. I almost forgot about it till your post. But I dont know what causes it other than we have some funny phones!!
  3. LilBit

LilBit Well-Known Member Contributor

It mostly happened to me when using my contacts, or voice mail. Couldn't even do anything, you need the dial pad for VM, and it was frustrating to say the least. After root it went away mostly, and since I installed a custom rom it went away completely.
  4. alsaces daddy

alsaces daddy Well-Known Member

Could be a glitch with the light sensor. Bad software telling it not to cut back on or it could be a faulty sensor. If you root you void your warranty so you can't send it back in without unrooting. But I think its worth a shot just to see if its software related. Good luck.
  5. StarScream2109

StarScream2109 Well-Known Member Developer

Ive had that problem before and it seems to me its a kernel issue I rooted it and switched to a custom kernel and that problem disappeared