Screen Goes BLACK but Backlight Remains ONSupport

1. SoonerLater

SoonerLater Well-Known Member

Occasionally the screen of my Droid-X goes black, which, of course, it is supposed to do after the timeout period expires (in my case, 30 seconds). What is weird is that if I'm in a fairly dark room, I can see that while the screen is black, the backlight is still on. I can't imagine why anyone would ever want it to work this way.

Is this a known bug? I've searched this forum and Google, but found no mention.

Is there a setting that I've overlooked?

Advertisement
  2. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member Contributor

I've seen mine do this as well, and if you hit one of the hard buttons, it isn't locked

I think it has something to do with the system shutting down (like hibernate) and it's in the process of locking the screen
  3. buckguin

buckguin Well-Known Member

I have this problem when I unplug my phone from charge. The screen is dark but still obviously on. This could kill a battery if you didnt know it was doing this.. Luckily, It only seems to happen after charge and I just shut it off manually.
  4. Davidhalo

Davidhalo New Member

Sorry for reviving an old thread but I am having the same issue at the moment and I'm wondering since so little people posted in here if the fix is simple?

I lock my phone and the screen goes black like normal and yet the backlight remains on the entire time until the phone dies, nothing I've done so far ( run apps, switch backlight and lock times ) has changed any of this.

Any help ?
  5. Doit2it

Doit2it Well-Known Member Contributor

I'm having the same issue since the GB update. I usually only see it at night when the phone is docked and charging. The issue seems to be the auto brightness level isn't reset when the phone sleeps. If I shine a flashlight on the light sensor (one of the 4 holes on either side of the ear piece) while locking the phone, the screen will be completely dark.

Thought this was a GB issue, but the OP of this thread was in January. Not sure what the issue is now. Since my DX charges overnight with no problems, I usually don't worry about it, but yeah, it's frustrating.