Screen goes black.. then reboots.Support

Last Updated:

1. thoroside

thoroside Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hey yall, I'm happier than a pig in poo with my Droid 2, the thing is amazing. However, my girlfriend's not so much. She got the deal from Wireless Amazon Beta, where she only paid 39.99. I wasn't able to, wasn't eligible for upgrade and got mine at the store. Anyhow, her phone a couple days in would freeze, the screen would go black, and then it reboots. Now it happens a couple times a day at least. Obviously seems like it's defective, but I'm wondering if anybody else is dealing with the same problem? If so, have you taken into Verizon - what have they told you or done for you? Wondering if she should send this back to Amazon Wireless, or head into a Verizon. And I'm wondering what kind of return/exchange/refurbishing headache were in for. If anyone's had a similar experience, or any advice, please share with me, thanks.

Advertisement
  2. Super_Six_Two

Super_Six_Two Well-Known Member

Not a lot of complaints about that issue on here. Within the first 30 days I think Amazon will exchange it.

3. raven2k7

raven2k7 Member

am having the same issues with mine. when the screen times out it reboots after. even if i press the button at the top to lock the screen. it reboots. i have to leave the screentimeout off inorder for it not to reboot.

4. themib

themib Well-Known Member

what system version? 2.3.4/4.5.621
    rooted? rom?

I would wipe data and flash sbf