screen going black when making or receiving call / camera no longer working

Last Updated: 2012-11-07 11:14:06
  1. using HTC Google Nexus One, Android 2.3.4

This is very strange, but I noticed today that my camera is no longer working. I have no idea why, but it just goes black when I select camera. I have restarted my phone, took out the battery, etc. and nothing. Also, I even tried downloading other camera apps, and they won't work either.

Even more frustrating, though, is that my phone goes black when I make or receive a call. The calls do not get dropped, but when the call is over, I can't even hang up, as my screen is black. It's weird because my phone is still "ON," but I obviously can't do anything. The only thing I can do is take out the battery, put it back in, and turn the phone back on. Then, it works perfectly normal...until I make or receive another call. I have no idea what to do.

Can anyone help? I'd really appreciate it, as I use my phone for everything!

Advertisement
  2. Teknologic

Teknologic Well-Known Member

Is there any reason you're still on 2.3.4 rather then the latest version (2.3.7 I believe)?
    I faintly recall similar issues a long time ago, but I believe it was on a custom rom, possibly it was 2.3.4 based.
    I would just advise you to update to the latest version available for the N1. If you're on a custom rom, check back to the release notes and get the latest version.
    If this all isn't an option for you, all I can suggest is a factory reset.
    Good luck!
  3. I don't actually have a custom ROM. Rather, I'm just using what came on my phone. I've tried to run "system update," but I just get the "your system is up to date" messages. My device is not rooted, and I've never tried to put a different ROM on it. Any suggestions? Thanks!