1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

screen going off and on during phone callsSupport

1. toronado455

toronado455 Well-Known Member

The screen keeps going to black momentarily and turning back on at random intervals during phone calls. This only happens during phone calls. Any reason for this?

Advertisement
  2. james391

james391 Well-Known Member

There is a sensor that shuts off the screen during calls if it is covered. It is left of the speaker on the front. Make sure it is not being covered
  3. MacFett

MacFett Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

You can see the notch on my screen protector just left of the VM logo, that is the proximity sensor.
  4. FullWolfMoon

FullWolfMoon Member

Yeah, it's just so when you have it pressed to your ear, you won't accidentally end the call or open an app or anything. If you use some headphones or earbuds with it and hold it in your hands, you can still talk and multi-task on your phone at the same time if you like.
  5. toronado455

toronado455 Well-Known Member

Thanks for educating me on this. I thought something might wrong with my phone!
    I remember something about the proximity sensor now, but never really knew what it was for.