Screen gone wonkySupport

Last Updated:

1. Harp

Harp Member This Topic's Starter

My wife noticed that the colors on her screen had changed. I figured she'd selected a weird Scene/Theme...but that wasn't the case. By handling the phone I noticed that the screen was flashing and changing colors based on where I put my fingers on the sides of the phone.

If I lightly press on the left lower edge, all whites turn yellow. If I press on the left middle edge, everything gets a red tone to it, etc. etc.

I called VZW and of course they haven't heard of this problem...then the rep hung up on me (hopefully, on accident). You would think that she could have easily called me back...I waited...but nothing. So I called again. They don't want to ship me a new one without first receiving the old one back so suggested I go to a store and try to exchange it there...nice!

I'm not happy right now. :mad:

Advertisement
  2. aw1974

aw1974 Well-Known Member

Try a different CS rep. Someone will take care of you. Sometimes you just have to be persistent with CS to get what you want.

3. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Good luck! Try rebooting it to make sure it's not just a weird glitch.

4. Harp

I pulled the battery...it's pretty obviously a hardware problem.

5. wildland

wildland Well-Known Member

My Dare did this after I dropped it - my theory is it's caused by a loose chip or connection in the display processing side of things. I imagine it could just be caused by a defective unit (assuming your wife didn't drop hers).

6. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

Try calling back, however there on massive back order until late May, early June...yes I know insane! The incredible is a modern era cabbage patch doll...lol. But they should have no problem putting it In the system for you to receive a new one.

7. BetterMost

BetterMost Banned

Have you tried backing it up and doing a hard reset?

8. Harp

Stopped by a local store today...they were very helpful. A replacement is on the way...should be here Monday.