Screen gone...Support

1. jengler77

jengler77 Well-Known Member

Hi All,

Just got the Elite two months ago. It is still stock, no root. The screen went blank today. I can see the back light but nothing else. Is this thing toast, or is there a fix that someone knows about? Without waiting ten to fifteen days to get it back from LG.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Curtis1973

Curtis1973 Well-Known Member Contributor

actually you are still covered under warranty from virgin mobile. call them and let them know your screen has stopped working. they will send you a replacement device within 3 to 5 days fedex.
    jengler77 likes this.
  3. jengler77

That is what I thought Curtis. 30 days and I am 6 days over. But the thing is this is the second phone. in that 36 days. First one battery died in 10 mins. I just called another Radio Shack ass I was typing this, they are gonna exchange it AGAIN. the first store was counting from the original purchase, not the replacment.

Is this a bad streak or are these phone full of bugs? Never had problems with my V's...(after I rooted them anyway.)
  4. Curtis1973

ive had a number of problems with my optimus elite holding a reliable data signal. across three different replacements. but i cant tell you whether its the hardware or the service. but i never had these sort of issues on my optimus v. the issues began the day i activated the first optimus elite and havent subsided since. so i dont know.
  5. kwknott

kwknott Well-Known Member Contributor

VM honors the manufacturers 1year warranty so if it's hardware or software issue they'll send you a new one. I usually get replacement in 1 to 2 days
  6. Curtis1973

yeah same here. they arent obligated i dont think to honor manufacturing warranty from lg but they do. i consider that a plus with vm.
  7. jengler77

Yeah, I think the signal weakness is a mixture of both. Out of the box it is crappy. My V's were the same way until rooted. I am still trying to get through the how-to's on rooting these Elites.:confused:
    Radio Shack exchanged without a problem... just had to call the right one, hard to find a place that worries about the customer needs over profit.:rolleyes: