Screen Grounding issue and low battery life, could they be connected?

Last Updated:

1. HtcEvoLemon

HtcEvoLemon Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I just thought of something. I find it strange that battery life falls from 100 to like 80 in such a short time, just sitting idle.

I close all aps, wifi off, syncs off, i've done a lot to try to extend battery life. I kind of accepted the short battery life, I figured a phone this powerful and with this big of a screen must use a lot of energy.

However, there are people who claim they have long battery life. Is it possible that people who have phones with grounding issues also are experiencing excessive battery drainage? For some reason this makes sense to me, phone isn't grounded properly, or the screen isn't grounded properly, so as a result it is draining the battery? Grounding, batteries, electrons flowing, doesn't that sound like they could be all interconnected? I don't know though, just an idea.

Advertisement
  2. HtcEvoLemon

I guess I'm the only one who thinks the two could be connected. okay

3. Hrshycro

Hrshycro Well-Known Member

Good point. It would make sense that if some weren't grounded as well as others, the battery life would be worse.

4. maxx2496

maxx2496 Active Member

I'm just another EVO owner but this makes sense. So far what I understand from HTC and sprint is that there are no problems with battery life for the evo. Although one spokesperspn did say battery life should last all day. That proved to be just all talk. I am able to get maybe 4 to 5 hours a day with my EVO. I also make sure only required tasks are running. Such as configuring mail settings, auto syncing, widgets, gps, etc..... still less then 6 hours with screen brightness lowered too. And no matter wat anyone else says, a task manager app should/ is not required for an Android phone to get the best of your battery life. Thats just silly talk. I don't know how other people are saying they aRe able to get 16 plus hours of battery life In one day cause my EVO uses up battery even when Its Idle and not In use. Sooooo with my consumer judgement there hAs to be some problem with battery life if It Is suppose to last more than 6 hours.

5. QuickDraw

QuickDraw Well-Known Member

I had/have no grounding issues, but I still had the battery problem. So I would say probably not. It's a good theory though, the only thing is, everyone would have to experience BOTH problems for that to be true, IMHO. I performed a combination of plugging in, unplugging, you get the idea, it was a post I saw on here about the theory "not all cells are charging properly", and changing the preferred network type to CDMA only, and since doing those I have had much better battery life. This is what worked for me.

6. Vincent Law

Vincent Law Well-Known Member

No, the grounding issue would have absolutely no impact on the battery life. If it had that sort of effect it'd short out the phone and we'd have a recall on our hands.

7. HtcEvoLemon

Evo has many more serious problems, yet Sprint nor HTC stopped sales, to do a recall. I think even if this phone exploided and killed people, Sprint and HTC would keep going with the sale.