• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Screen has died.

So last night I was using my phone like I normally would, just on twitter and browsing the internet. Then all of a sudden, the screen turns off. By this I mean, the back light is still on, you can see the screen works because of the light but I can't view a thing.
I lock the phone and unlock it to see whether it just had a little glitch for some reason and the screen remains the same. I have taken the battery out several times and still the same.

When I leave the phone alone for so long, when I click the unlock button on the top, I am able to see my screen ... for approximately 1 and a half seconds before it goes back into darkness.
As I have had the phone for over a year now, I don't think it's covered anymore. There's been no damage to it, such as water damage. It's been dropped a few times in its life time but not recently.

Has anyone else had this problem or knows how to fix it? I can't do anything with the phone so unable to transfer important documents and contacts to another phone. Is there a way I am able to view the screen via a laptop or computer?

I believe you get 2 years warranty on a DHD so it maybe worth checking that out before going any further.
As for transfering documents, contacts etc you maybe in luck by just connecting your DHD to your PC via the usb cable. Sometimes it asks what mode you want to use and sometimes its remembers what mode you used last. If it does work you should see a drive for the SD card come up on your PC and then by just looking through the folders be able to extract what you want. I'm afraid you cant see your DHD screen through a laptop etc.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones