screen has mind of it's own.

Last Updated:

1. shallow runner

shallow runner Member This Topic's Starter

OK, this had occurred prior to the Froyo update (forced) and I was hoping it would be fixed as a software issue but now suspect my initial intuition was correct and it is a hardware issue. My Droid from time to time will suddenly start flipping through screens, texting random letters to people in my contacts, calling people, opening apps, etc at like a hundred MPH. I pull the Battery and that seems to stop it, but it keeps occurring. This has happened in both hot and cold temps, while in use and while just sitting idle, and when using various apps or just on a home screen. I have Lookout installed and it says I am free of malware and that "Everything is OK". Has anyone else with a Moto Droid had this happen? I know other Android phones have but I haven't seen one mentioned about this model. Not sure if I should do a factory reset or just get a new one from Verizon. Info, suggestions, thought.....?

Advertisement
  2. gnath9

gnath9 Well-Known Member

I read a thread awhile back where a EMT guy used his Moto Droid to entertain a young tramatized girl with a movie after the incident he cleaned his phone with some anti-biotic type cleaner and after a few days he experienced exactly what you are discribeing. After several resets he found that the gel he used left a slight film that was conductive and causing all his issues.

Maybe a good cleaning with a very mild soap mixture applied to a lightly damped cloth could fix your issues as well.

Good luck :)

3. thebarbrr

thebarbrr Well-Known Member

I have the same issue with my refurb that I got recently...happens maybe around once a day but I just lock and unlock and problem is fixed..no biggie for me,but I do wish it didn't do it. I did notice my began to do it when my screen got a little wet when I installed my zagg screen protector...so if you did put a screen protector that requires water be extra careful not to let a lot go in through the edges

4. thaDroidz

thaDroidz Well-Known Member

I had this issue when I would use a generic charger, it wasn't enough voltage I found out.

5. ginghis

ginghis Active Member

same issue,got progressively worse....
    took it back and the sent me a refurb.... said it was the second one they had ever seen do this. refurb just started doing same.

6. Cail

Cail New Member

Mine does this as well, two to three times a week. Locking and unlocking doesn't work in my case, I must do a battery pull. It's quite frustrating! I had it disable auto sync and spent three days thinking my phone was going to crap out altogether.

7. infil

infil Well-Known Member

i've had mine unlocking in the holster over the last few days and wiping my battery out. Prior to this i'd get 1.5-2 days off the charger w/ no problem, now its dying halfway through the day, battery useage summary is putting screen around 90% soo yeah hehe.

I do have the audible lock/unlock on, if i lock the phone it will give me a triple click about 10 seconds after i lock it leaving the screen unlocked and it just kinda does what it feels like.....posessed?

8. infil

infil Well-Known Member

verizon said A-hardware issue, b- their upgrading me to a droid 2 since they dont have any more droids in stock and i absolutely will not accept a refurbished device to replace the new one i purchased.