Screen IconsSupport

Last Updated:

1. The Captain

The Captain Member This Topic's Starter

I have spend time searching the internet to find answers to my question but to no avail. Also I have found the User Manual supplied to be of little use and the one on the Samsung web site is identical to the one supplied with the phone and contains no additional info.

Can anyone advise me how do I move icons from one screen to another on the home screens and also from the home screen to the application screen. Also how can I get an icon back if I accidentially delete it.

As a side issue, is there a more detailed instruction manual available anywhere for the Galaxy S.

Advertisement
  2. MortimerJazz

MortimerJazz Active Member

Well, the icons will always remain in the Application screen - you're not going to get rid of them from there.

To add them to a particular home screen, you need to scroll to the home screen that you want the icon added to. Then go into the Applications screen and hold your finger down on the relevant icon.

That icon will then be added to the home page you scrolled to.

To remove an icon from one of your pages, just hold your finger down on it and then drag it down to the Bin icon at the bottom of the page.

Hope that helps ...

The Captain likes this.
  3. Evil Peter

Evil Peter Well-Known Member

You can also get app icons on the home screen by going into the app drawer and long press the icon you desire, which will automatically switch to the home screen but with the icon still at your finger tip. As MortimerJazz said the icon won't be removed from the app drawer, you just copy the icon as a shortcut.

The Captain likes this.
  4. The Captain

The Captain Member This Topic's Starter

Can you please explain what the applications drawer is. Thanks.

5. Evil Peter

Evil Peter Well-Known Member

It's the applications screen (with the black background), it's just called app drawer at times.

So you go to the application screen, longpress the app icon you want a shortcut for and you'll be transported to the home screen. There you can choose where you want to put it just like a normal widget.

As said this just creates a shortcut to the app, it doesn't remove the icon from the applications screen (and you can't remove an icon from there without uninstalling the app).