Screen in the Sun Tip, Glare TipGeneral

Last Updated:

1. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Okay Ladies and Gentlemen.

This may have been touched on in previous threads or obvious to the techies, but I'd like to share my wealth for anyone else.

I had previously reported to a user and a friend that I could not see my Incredible in the sunlight - was a bit embarrassing considering how it was 'new technology'.

It turns out that I had my Brightness at 25% to conserve battery. I could not see a hint of my screen let alone someone calling when it was sunny out. I didn't even have to be in the direct sunlight.

I decided to turn my brightness up to 100% (and on automatic), and I could see everything even when it was really sunny out !!

After a few days of being grumpy about not being able to see my screen in the sun - I am now very relieved that I can see my Incredible in the sun.

So morale of the story, if you live in a sunny state, change your brightness to high or automatic - it is WELL worth the battery sacrifice if you are outdoors a lot and need to see your screen.

I've also noticed the High setting also decreases glare from indoor lights.

:mad::eek::D

Advertisement
  2. jonhammond52

jonhammond52 Banned

The automatic setting doesn't change the brightness level for high light situations. I guess thats why im most upset. Manually changing the brightness when you cant see the phone is pretty annoying.

3. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

Heres a tip, make a shadow.

4. Rajko

Rajko Member

Is that a widget?? Where do I get it??

;)

5. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

LOL, i just googled it but couldn't find one. Maybe i should get on that ;)

6. jonhammond52

jonhammond52 Banned

Have you even tried to do that yet? Honestly, have you? Because when its on automatic, making a shadow with your hand really does not work at all. I wouldnt sit here and complain if I could at least see the widget to get the brightness up, but literally moving the phone around and holding your hand over it does not work what so ever

7. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

And another tip....use a dark colored wallpaper. Gives nice contrast on your icons/widgets with white text! This has greatly improved my sunny day viewing pleasures :)

8. dibs ODDJOB

dibs ODDJOB Well-Known Member

Use the stock power widget that comes with the phone. It comes with Wifi, BT, GPS, sync, and brightness. Brightness settings toggle between low, medium and high. I keep it on medium, and crank it up to high in "bright daylight" situation.

9. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

He has a good point.

You put the Power Widget on your home screen and it is suddenly a pain free process. Then put your Mobile Network switch and Airplane Mode switch above or below that and suddenly life is much easier.