Screen is possessedSupport

1. pappabacon

pappabacon Well-Known Member

Kind of strange thing going on with my Nexus 7. I bought with the preorders and have not had 1 issue to date with this thing and then in the last day or two the screen has become possessed.

Just sitting on the home screen, google search will open or the page will slide to another page. Any idea what might cause such a problem?

Advertisement
  2. rootbrain

rootbrain Well-Known Member

Getting close to Halloween. Tried the ghost finder app? :D

Really though, does it happen only in a certain place or anywhere you take the device?
    pappabacon likes this.
  3. Teknologic

Teknologic Well-Known Member

I have occasionally had Google Now open up when backing out of an app to the home screen, no idea why.
    As for the page sliding my only guess is you installed a new app and when you get to your home screen it will slide to the screen with the nearest available spot and put the app icon there.
    pappabacon likes this.
  4. pappabacon

Anywhere in the house.

I turned it off for a while and it seems to have stopped. Got weird there for a bit.
  5. rootbrain

rootbrain Well-Known Member

Hmm, maybe it was just getting over heated or something. Heat and electronic equipment don't go hand in hand.
  6. pappabacon

Now it is doing it again. I haven't installed anything new. Guessing I'm gonna have to hard reset it.
  7. Teknologic

An you're sure this isn't fixed by turning your screen on and off? Because if it is, that's a well-known issue and supposedly fixed in the update.
  8. pappabacon

It is sometimes unresponsive and then I will turn the screen off then back on. This hadn't happened to me before yesterday. Is the update rolling out ota?
  9. JanComputerman

JanComputerman Well-Known Member

Check for apps running in the background, pull down menu, apps, running apps. you should have Settings, Google services, Android keyboard and maybe maps ..... shut down anything else is in there and see if it fixes the problem.
  10. Teknologic

Yes it's supposed to be live since yesterday but relatively few people have seen it roll in yet, me neither.
    But it should fix this issue, I've heard.
  11. JanComputerman

JanComputerman Well-Known Member

I got my jelly bean update today at 1pm est. 4.1.2
  12. sparksd

sparksd Well-Known Member

The "phantom touch" issue - this made my Palm Pre unusable and was a h/w problem and I have read about people running into it with other touch screen devices. It loks like a ghost is making random touches/swipes on your screen. if you have a screen with visual touch feedback you can actually see the touches registering all over it.
  13. pappabacon

It is this exactly
  14. Teknologic

Hmmm, this might be a different issue then. What I was describing only happens when you touch the screen yourself, not just randomly.
    It wouldn't make sense if this was a hardware issue tho, I haven't seen this mentioned by any N7 user.
  15. sparksd

sparksd Well-Known Member

Funny thing is, I ran into this for a very brief time on my Asus Infinity Prime but it went away after a few cold reboots. I can't say if the reboots actually cleared it up or not - hard to believe because I have considered this to be a h/w issue, e.g. on my Palm Pre.
  16. pappabacon

I finally broke down and rooted and installed a custom rom. Seems to have gone away.
  17. Teknologic

Did you not try it with the ota update that was rolling out the past few days? Seems to have improved touch a lot.