Screen is turning on for every text received?Support

Last Updated:

1. durarian

durarian Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if I bumped a setting I shouldn't have...but for some reason today everytime I receive a text my screen turns on. I realty would prefer this not to happen as it will kill my battery at work. I did not see asetting in the stock messaging apparently for this. All of Tue motion settings are off. Has anyone encountered this or a setting that would cause this?

2. question729

question729 Well-Known Member

Last I read about that it was just the way the phone operated. Not a fan of that.
  3. durarian

Yeah...I wish I could remember if it did this yesterday before I starting disabling apps or not. I'd hate to factory reset and have it still doing that. Hoping somone who also has the S3 comes along and clarifies for me.

Thanks for the reply!
  4. 91Firebirder

91Firebirder Well-Known Member

I think that is supposed to happen. You don't say if you are using the stock messenger, but there is usually an option in there about pop-ups when a message is received. I dunno if unchecking that would help but it may.
  5. durarian

Yes its the stock messenger. Either way handcent will have the led issue fixed in a couple days so I wont be using it to much longer :)
  6. naelocin

naelocin Member

Has anyone found a way to disable this? Or are we unable to.
  7. UserName872

UserName872 Well-Known Member

I was unable to find a way to disable "screen-on" in the stock message app but if you like handcent you may want to give GO sms a try. I made the switch from Handcent to Go sms and haven't looked back tbh. Plus having the notification LED light up without the screen coming on works on the GS3 and has been flawless.
  8. Funnyusername

Funnyusername Well-Known Member

Download GO SMS Pro (Its better then stock anyway). Go to settings - Advanced - Notification Settings - un-check "screen on".

I don't understand why that's not a setting in the stock app. It was really starting to bug me. I am glad I found it in Go SMS Pro.