• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help screen issue / phone freezing

my girlfriends dinc is rooted and currently running stock 2.2,and is haveing a issue with the screen randomly changing screens from side to side, when ur trying to zoom in on a picture or internet it will get stuck on zoom and will not un pinch, it freezes up from time to time in diffrent apps and screens... if your trying to type on either keyboard.i have tried diffrent roms and seems to have some of the same issues. i tried to calibrate the screen but has not had any luck. also the gps from time to time will say she is somewhere in india or another country... idk what to do any ideas? i know my phone doesnt have any of the problems when i had both set up the same..

because you're saying yours is set up the same and hers is having the issues, I recommend seeing if you still have the phone under warranty, and if it is, before you take it in, see if you can find a recreateable problem, because if you just say that, some phone companies will just say "oh since we cant see it right now, its not covered under warranty", if you get what I mean

Upvote 0
Verizon will probably want you to try a factory reset.

P.S. Did you do a full wipe between ROMs?

Ah yes, both great points I forgot about, if u didn't do a full wipe, try that first, one of my friends didn't do that and the phone got bogged down bad and had errors here and there.

If you did, try the factory reset before going into Verizon, save yourself a trip because they WILL ask you to do that(I just asked a friend of mine who's a manager at Verizon)

Upvote 0
my girlfriends dinc is rooted and currently running stock 2.2,and is haveing a issue with the screen randomly changing screens from side to side, when ur trying to zoom in on a picture or internet it will get stuck on zoom and will not un pinch, it freezes up from time to time in diffrent apps and screens... if your trying to type on either keyboard.i have tried diffrent roms and seems to have some of the same issues. i tried to calibrate the screen but has not had any luck. also the gps from time to time will say she is somewhere in india or another country... idk what to do any ideas? i know my phone doesnt have any of the problems when i had both set up the same..

Try cleaning the trackball with a soft cloth, that might fix the screen scrolling itself....won't fix the other stuff though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones