Screen issue please helpSupport

1. jpallotta4

jpallotta4 Member

So I woke one morning after a night of drinking and found my s3 in a little pile of water on night stand..wasnt too bad seemed fine but wouldnt come on so I put it on charger and it started making a lot of static noises and wouldn't come on. I thought it was done for but before I paniced I just let it dry all day next to my room heater.. hours later I actually got it to come on and everything works now except the screen while I'm on the phone..I can't access it at all so now when I make a call and it goes to someone's voicemail I can't hang up..has anybody had this problem? Will a factory reset maybe work? I've only had the phone a couple months so it's under warranty

Advertisement
  2. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

In the future, pull your battery and dry it before applying power.

For now, sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I bet it shorted and is damaged.

Couldn't hurt to reset it because there's more bad news - some insurance policies don't cover water damage. No warranties do.
  3. jpallotta4

jpallotta4 Member

what do you think shorted? the entire phone works except for the screen when im on the phone. It will work like 2 out of 5 times. Not sure what it could be.