Screen Issue???Support

Last Updated:

1. flyjbaker

flyjbaker Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

When you plug in the charger, the screen comes on(the lockscreen screen) and you must turn it of manually or it will stay on....not the big of a deal. BUT, when the phone reaches the "fully charged" state, the screen pops back on to tell you so....and it does NOT turn off on it's own. IOW, if you plug it in before you go to sleep the screen will be on for 5-8 hours depending on how much of a charge it needed and how long you sleep/leave it plugged in.

My first thought is that this can't be all that great for the longevity of the screen.

And my second thought.....what about that image burning into the screen over time???

I checked in the settings and there is nothing that adresses this function. I have not tried to turn the phone OFF and then charge it although this is not a great choice since.......your phone will be off while charging and for most, that is not a good option.

Any help out there???

PS...we have 2 Moments in the household and they both do it so I don't expect it to be a localized issue.

Advertisement
  2. Gremlyn1

Gremlyn1 Well-Known Member

Hmmm, I was asleep so I can't comment on if this happened with mine. I'll have to test that out today and see. But with your sample of 2, I would expect it to be the case... It definitely went off after my alarm this morning (while plugged in and charged up).

3. bbong73

bbong73 Member

I noticed that on mine the screen was staying on for too long. When I checked the settings the screen timeout was set to 10 mins. I'm guessing this is the default since I didn't change it.