• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Screen "issues"

jp3_99

Jun 7, 2010
I have a couple things that I am kind of wondering about concerning the screen.

First I have the brightness set to like 30-40% but there are times that it seems to fluctuate, if I open up a few menus that have a white background it starts out kind of dim but then will brighten up once I start to scroll through them, kind of like when the phone is about to go to sleep and it dims down for a second but if you touch it will brighten back up. Doesn't do it for everything but enough stuff to be kind of annoying.

Second is, does anyone have trouble with severe color banding? I thought these screens where 24bit with 16m colors but there is a lot of apps and things that show lots of bands. One off the top of my head is the weather channel app, the blue background has it super bad.

Do I maybe have a bad screen?

I am experiencing something similar. Whenever my screen is displaying an app that has a light color background (ex. sticky note widget/web pages with light color backgrounds) I see what appears to be a faint square grid, with the horizontal lines being much more noticeable. I went to verizon to compare my phone to the demo, and I felt like the demo didn't have the issue, or if it did it was much less noticeable. I also talked to a verizon rep, who told me that if it got any worse she would give me a new one. Not sure if this could just be the touchscreen, but doesn't seem normal to me. This is also the first post I have ever seen with someone experiencing something slightly similar, which also has me concerned.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones