Screen IssuesSupport

Last Updated:

1. irishdroid

irishdroid Member This Topic's Starter

Hey all, first time poster here!

Apart from the stuff that bothers just about everybody about the Galaxy (interface lag, long boot times, dodgy lock key etc), I'm having some screen issues that I'm not sure if they affect everybody.

-Screen flickering. This happens on and off. It's more of a distraction than anything- but it does sort of take the shine of what is otherwise a great screen.

-Secondly, when the screen's background is white, I can see a faint but clearly visible outline of the battery charge icon in the centre of the screen. It only appears when the screen is white. I'm pretty sure this only started a couple of weeks ago. Could it be burn-in? Or is this possible on a AMOLED screen?

Both issues are annoyances more than anything else, but you expect a bit more from a phone like this!

By the way, I'm using II5, if that makes any difference.

So I'm wondering if these are phone-specific issues or are they problems that many of you are coming across? And secondly, are they firmware-fixable issues?

Advertisement
  2. kam187

kam187 Well-Known Member

The Flicker is a well known problem and affects quite alot of galaxy's. Its interferance from the GSM traffic. It happens less in UMTS mode. I think its just poor shielding on some phones.

The 'battery charge icon thing is really wierd. There are a few LCD test programs in the market. You might want to try those.

If you got it from your carrier, send it back!

3. irishdroid

irishdroid Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the heads-up.
    I will definitely do some more investigation on the battery icon problem. I just hope it doesn't develop into something worse.
    The phone comes from eBay, bought originally from O2 Germany so would be very difficult to return, even though I have the receipt etc.

4. kam187

kam187 Well-Known Member

Ahh ok! OLED screens shouldnt really 'burn', so it really is a strange one. The LEDs do have a limited lifetime tho, but who would have left it on the charge screen for many many days!