• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Screen issues...

DavidBeier

Dec 17, 2010
I've been having weird issues which get worse and worse and seem to have started a few days after the upgrade.

One thing is that the phone often goes horizontal when I'm holding it vertically and won't get out of it. I've tried recalibrating but it still happens. It's really annoying when I'm trying to dial a number and can't get a dial pad. I know this one is common but there are bigger issues:

MY TOUCH SCREEN IS GOING CRAZY. Half the time when I unlock the phone, it doesn't recognize any of my touches. I'll hit the "home" or "back" button and they may blink but nothing happens and the phone doesn't vibrate the way it does when it understands a command. I have exit and unlock the phone again to get it to work and this is becoming a CONSTANT problem.

It also seems to detect phantom touches which I have had nothing to do with. It will suddenly think I selected a widget or shortcut on the home screen to move but it won't let me move it. The shortcut will remain highlighted but I have no control. Other times a button keeps being pushed on an app but I'm not doing anything and I have to once again go to black and then unlock again to get it to stop. HELP!!!

no he means restoring it to factory reset. try this way:

1. From the main home screen, tap menu
  2. Tap Settings, then Privacy
  3. Tap Factory data reset
  4. Tap Reset phone
or this way:

Power the phone off. If it won’t turn off, pull the batter from the device.
2. hold the Volume Down and the Camera buttons while pressing Power. Continue to hold down these buttons until you see a prompt.
3. Choose wipe device by pressing the Volume Down button.
4. Press Power.
5. Select YES.
Note: This only gets rid of the data on the actual device. If may also want to format the SD card if you want all data gone from it as well.

Upvote 0
Is there a way, now that I have Froyo, that I can transfer all the apps previously installed on the phone to my SD card so I don't lose them all? What about my settings as well?

there are a few apps out there. titanium will do both apps and data. mybackup pro will data for sure. appmonster will do apps. i am sure there are lots more than that though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones