• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Screen issues :/

badj

Lurker
Nov 12, 2011
Hi all,

I recently broke the screen (behind the digitizer and glass) on my desire which caused it to fracture slightly down the screen itself. The display immediately stopped working and stayed black whereas the rest of the phone seemed to work fine (using it blindly I could play music etc...).

I bought a new screen off ebay (item 260879131150) but after fitting it, the screen wont turn on. Have I bought the wrong screen? The original is an AMS369FG03 Samsung (AMOLED I believe).

The new one is a 60h00443 aftermarket one. it fits, obviously, but I'm beginning to think I've bought an SLCD screen which is causing the issue :/ All other components look fine, digitizer works etc..

I tried the volume down power on thing and it didnt make any difference. Its definitely turning on as it vibrates and makes the start up noise. Any ideas ?

have you checked the wires ? wires connecting the screen may be knocked or damged causing no input eg picture , by the looks of it the touch input side of the screen is fine but the visual input isnt .

i know this cause my techer brought a ipod touch to me , everything works fine eg playing music etc but the screen was black .

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones