• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Screen Issues

arty29

Lurker
Apr 2, 2012
Hi,

I've recently purchased a Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo off eBay and for the first few days it was working fine. However, a few days ago the screen just stopped working in the middle of use. The backlight works and when it is locked I can feel it vibrate when I unlock it and it still makes sounds so the phone itself is still working, but the screen is not displaying.

Its been like it for about a week, until just now I gave it a bit of a bang and it came back again. I thought it was fixed, but after I took the battery out and put it back in again the screen is not displaying again.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix it? I bought it on ebay so I don't have the warranty to get it fixed for free, and sony will charge

Hi,

I had already tried that and it didn't made any difference, which leads me to think it is simply a loose connection. Not sure if it would be asking sony if thy can repair it cheaply by just ensuing it is connected properly rather than replacing the screen as it seems to work fine when the connection is made properly.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones