Screen Keeps Going Dead

Last Updated:

1. lewisbwilliams

lewisbwilliams New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,

Only had my Desire for about a week now and several times the screen has totally died.

It would appear the phone is still operational, since I am still able to change the volumne levels with the buttons on the side.

To get the screen back, I've had to take the battery out several times and put it back in.

The first time I put the battery back in, I get seven quick vibrates from the phone, then nothing more.

Eventually, after taking the battery out and putting it back two or more times, the phone comes back to life and I can use it properly again.

Anyone know why it's doing this and what I can do about it?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. chris100575

chris100575 Well-Known Member

Back to the shop?

3. cupidstunt

cupidstunt Active Member

Mentioned this on some other threads but had the same problem and sent it back to HTC. They found nothing wrong with the hardware and just reflashed the ROM which so far has fixed the problem. Seems like a few people have had similar issues.

4. lewisbwilliams

lewisbwilliams New Member This Topic's Starter

Is that something I can do myself? I don't mind trying if it is. Otherwise looks like I'll be sending it back next week :(

5. cupidstunt

cupidstunt Active Member

I sent mine back cos rooting your phone (which replaces the ROM ) invalidates your warranty. Best to do that just in case there is a hardware. fault thenyou're not stuck with a defective phone.