Screen keeps lighting up...Support

Last Updated: 2013-09-13 13:23:13
  1. Moment1986

Moment1986 New Member

So I got the Samsung Moment last Friday and brought it home. After changing the background and getting some random apps (barcode scanner, discovery, zedge, bbc), I noticed the screen kept lighting up randomly 8 to 10 times in a row. Luckily for me, a drunk man smashed my brand new Moment the Sunday after I got it so Asurion sent me another one the next day. The new one does the exact same thing and I want to smash it (even sober). Anyone running into this? I've read on some blogs that people had the same problems when they upgraded.

The keyboard sold me on this phone but if this is going to keep happening I'm getting a new one. Thanks very much!

Advertisement
  2. LincKraker

LincKraker Well-Known Member

you need to take a look at your apps. an app maybe running in the background cause the phone to light up.
  3. decalex

decalex Well-Known Member

This has happened to me sporadically over the past month. I couldn't pinpoint the cause, but I did notice that when I changed my brightness setting to 0, then hit the red button, it stayed off. I have not a clue why. ...oh, the blurred lines between troubleshooting and superstition.
    I bet Spare Parts could help you out, though, if it happens again.
  4. duratime

duratime Well-Known Member

Every once in a while my bluetooth causes that. I simply turn the bluetooth device off then back on again. It seems to happen more using the voice command.
  5. kalel3038

kalel3038 Active Member

have you checked to see if it changes from normal coverage to roaming? cause mine does that when it switches from roaming to regular coverage.
  6. hotani

hotani Well-Known Member

This is a common problem on the moment. Mine will flash off and on with nothing running in the background and full signal. I haven't found a fix; guess we just add it to the long list of hopeful fixes with 2.1. :-/
  7. souljah335

souljah335 Well-Known Member

How do you even get to a situation where a drunk man smashes your phone
  8. zcarman

zcarman Well-Known Member

Mine does this when it switches from 1x to EV... Also I had to turn off my LED indicator for Messaging. Believe it or not, that is the phones LED indicator...
  9. ramiss

ramiss Well-Known Member

roflmao!
  10. blindnoir

blindnoir Member

My Moment was just doing this so I downloaded Advanced Task Killer and killed of each task one by one to see which one was doing it. Try that out and see what makes your phone light turn on and off.
  11. Stoney62

Stoney62 Well-Known Member

Mine was doing it until I uninstalled ATK lol (seriously)
  12. Stoney62

Stoney62 Well-Known Member

Easy, just drink a bunch of brewskis while your phone is flashing.
  13. hscrugby

hscrugby New Member

If you haven't figured this out yet, for me it was the "use wireless networks" option in the security and location tab.
    I turn that on and it flashes anywhere from 10 seconds to a minute, turn it off and it sits nice and dark like a good phone.
  14. NOMster

NOMster Well-Known Member

mine was doing that too but my ause was a widget. i removed all of them except pure grid calendar and weather widget donate and it has not done it again for a couple of months.
  15. hotani

hotani Well-Known Member

Upgraded to 2.1 and still have the random lighting issue. :-/
  16. flyjbaker

flyjbaker Well-Known Member

Air control causes mine to do it. I have to kill via Taskiller to stop it.
  17. hotani

hotani Well-Known Member

tried turning off cell tower location and didn't get the flashing until today. tried ATK, still flashing.

One solution works: turn the phone face-down on the desk. *shrug*
  18. hotani

hotani Well-Known Member

Wow. When the phone flashes it doesn't mess around. Screen lights up and goes off about every 5 seconds. Seems to happen for about 30 minutes every morning after I get to work. Still no idea what's causing the problem.

Seriously. Frikking. Annoying.
  19. caloicoy

caloicoy New Member

TO STOP YOUR ANDROID PHONE FROM LIGHTING UP WITHOUT REASON, YOU NEED TO REMOVE THE FILE smdl2tmp1.asec ON YOUR ANDROID_SECURE FOLDER.

TO DO THIS, YOU NEED TO CONNECT YOUR PHONE TO YOUR PC AND DELETE THE FILE MANUALLY SINCE IT IS HIDDEN IN YOUR PHONE'S FILE MANAGER.

I HOPE THIS HELPS. I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM BUT I FOUND THE SOLUTION IN ANOTHER FORUM. :D
  20. Ronson570

Ronson570 New Member

I am going to make a long story short and yes I was as aggravated as you.

The problem is most likely your SIMM CARD, Turn off phone, carefully remove back, slide simm card out and reinstall it, restart phone. The second time I did this fixed the problem and it is now acting like a good little phone I am happy to say.

It seems the card only has to be off a little bit to cause this problem, Good Luck