Screen keeps shutting offSupport

1. randomhero180

randomhero180 Active Member

While using the phone, mostly at night, the screen constantly shuts off while scrolling or doing other actions on the screen.

Since this is happening while the screen is in use I know it isn't screen timeout.

Anyone else have this issue or a fix?

Advertisement
  2. johnothy

johnothy New Member

Yes, I've had the same issue. I'll be trying to type on facebook messenger and the screen will just shut off. I bring it back up and the same thing happens. It's not all the time but it does happen and I know it shouldn't be doing it and like you said it isn't a screen timeout.
  3. Pigoinklove

Pigoinklove New Member

I've been experiencing this issue as well. It started happening after one of the recent updates. It has gotten really frustrating. Sometimes the screen shuts off before I can unlock it or as I try to unlock it, and will repeatedly shut off anything I try to do on my phone.
  4. livspop

livspop Well-Known Member

This happens to me when I inadvertently hold my finger over the light sensor in the top left hand corner of the screen. In dim conditions, even holding my finger a few inches away will trigger it...
  5. randomhero180

randomhero180 Active Member

Did a soft reset. (power button + volume down)

Haven't had an issue in 2 days.
  6. SamMax

SamMax Well-Known Member

lol I had this same issue. I figured it out last night. I had "in pocket detection " turned on when I placed my finger across the top it would turn the display off.
  7. chunt487

chunt487 New Member

I had the problem on my Razr Maxx, I turned off the pocket detection in display and it fixed it.