Support Screen keeps turning on (& wont turn off)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Keybeeetsss, Sep 4, 2010.

1. Keybeeetsss

Keybeeetsss Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Producer/Musician
    Memphis
    Is there any1 else having this happen? I hit the power button to turn the screen off & it lights right back up as soon as I hit it; I hit it again to cut it off, & again it turns right back on; then when I do get it to shut off, about a minute or 2 lata it turns on again & will stay on until I fight to turn it off...

I'm jus checking before I hard reset it & see if there's an app causing this...

edit: can 1 of the mods put this in troubleshooting (my bad)

Advertisement
  2. Keybeeetsss

Dec 10, 2009
    Producer/Musician
    Memphis
    I don't kno for certain which app it was but I'm goin to try & trace it so that I can give a heads up...

3. newDroiduser10

newDroiduser10 New Member

Sep 5, 2010
    maybe its widgetlocker? i'm having this issue too. screen just does not want to stay off...draining battery like crazy

4. Keybeeetsss

Dec 10, 2009
    Producer/Musician
    Memphis
    Well I don't hav Widget locker; but its definitely (seemingly) an app but I hadn't got to it yet; I've been adding all the ones that I had but slowly (to see if the problem arises) that way I can kno which 1 was|is causing it...

5. newDroiduser10

newDroiduser10 New Member

Sep 5, 2010
    ok. let me know what you come up with. do you have any screenlock-modifying application? turning that off worked for me.

6. Keybeeetsss

Dec 10, 2009
    Producer/Musician
    Memphis
    Well I hadn't been gettin it nearly as much; it may do it 1 time a day (after I hit the power button to cut it off) it'll pop back on but its not jus popping on out the blue like it was...

Now I gotta figure out why the screen won't go off when the Speaker phone or headset is in use :rolleyes:

7. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice
    VIP Member

Nov 28, 2009
    Done.

In the future, you can use the report post button and ask us to move it that way. Or PM me, either way works :)

Keybeeetsss likes this.
  8. pileosnafu

pileosnafu New Member

Sep 17, 2010
    did you find the reason. I have the same issue

9. Keybeeetsss

Dec 10, 2009
    Producer/Musician
    Memphis
    I meant to post this a week or so ago; but it has to do with the Airplane mode thing; the phone is basically restarting after it loses signal so it cuts the screen on each time or stays on til it fines a sig... hav u toggle Airplane mode on & back off?