Screen keeps turning on (& wont turn off)Support

Last Updated:

1. Keybeeetsss

Keybeeetsss Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is there any1 else having this happen? I hit the power button to turn the screen off & it lights right back up as soon as I hit it; I hit it again to cut it off, & again it turns right back on; then when I do get it to shut off, about a minute or 2 lata it turns on again & will stay on until I fight to turn it off...

I'm jus checking before I hard reset it & see if there's an app causing this...

edit: can 1 of the mods put this in troubleshooting (my bad)

Advertisement
  2. Keybeeetsss

I don't kno for certain which app it was but I'm goin to try & trace it so that I can give a heads up...

3. newDroiduser10

newDroiduser10 New Member

maybe its widgetlocker? i'm having this issue too. screen just does not want to stay off...draining battery like crazy

4. Keybeeetsss

Well I don't hav Widget locker; but its definitely (seemingly) an app but I hadn't got to it yet; I've been adding all the ones that I had but slowly (to see if the problem arises) that way I can kno which 1 was|is causing it...

5. newDroiduser10

newDroiduser10 New Member

ok. let me know what you come up with. do you have any screenlock-modifying application? turning that off worked for me.

6. Keybeeetsss

Well I hadn't been gettin it nearly as much; it may do it 1 time a day (after I hit the power button to cut it off) it'll pop back on but its not jus popping on out the blue like it was...

Now I gotta figure out why the screen won't go off when the Speaker phone or headset is in use :rolleyes:

7. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Done.

In the future, you can use the report post button and ask us to move it that way. Or PM me, either way works :)

Keybeeetsss likes this.
  8. pileosnafu

pileosnafu New Member

did you find the reason. I have the same issue

9. Keybeeetsss

I meant to post this a week or so ago; but it has to do with the Airplane mode thing; the phone is basically restarting after it loses signal so it cuts the screen on each time or stays on til it fines a sig... hav u toggle Airplane mode on & back off?