screen lag AFTER lock screenTips

Last Updated:

1. MLGOverdriiveX

MLGOverdriiveX Active Member This Topic's Starter

im on my 3rd droid x lol

1st- popping ear buds, reboots

2- reboots, screen freezes

3- back button kinda jammed out the box.

also, i noticed people talk about how the screen lags after unlocking, and then its fine.

withme though it unlocks fine but when it goes to the home screen it sometimes would take a solid 15 seconds before i could click on anything. Especially if i don't use the phone for a good 45 min, if im at work or something.

i removed task killer and it seemed to help but still does it sometimes, just for not as long.

Advertisement
  2. Exiled

Exiled Well-Known Member

Are you using the stock launcher or something else? I had a similar problem when I was on vacation last week so there wasnt much I could do at the time, but I uninstalled Launcher Pro, did a battery pull, then rebooted and reinstalled launcher pro. It helped quite a bit, although the leaked upgrade to 2.2 erased the problem completely. This is probably too simple a solution to your problem, but it may be worth a try...

3. MLGOverdriiveX

MLGOverdriiveX Active Member This Topic's Starter

im using the default browser and normal systems, im not rooted or anything.

removing advanced task killer basically makes my phone run faster. i get little to no lag when i unlock the phone now and i have wifi and gps turned off and get a battery life of roughly 10 hours with moderate use.

i lurk forums and post and listen to music for about 2-3 hours on it.

4. Exiled

Exiled Well-Known Member

10 hours with moderate use is probably about average. There are several threads here about improving battery life that may help it improve slightly. Glad to hear the lag issue was resolved :)