screen light up on notifications

Last Updated:

1. I did a search for this and what I found wasn't what I was looking for.

I want an app that will just light up the screen when I get a notification. I don't need/want it to tell me exactly what it's for (the notification bar is there, anyways), I just want the screen to light up so I can tell from across the room that something happened.

please don't suggest NoLED as this is not what I want.

on a (sort of) related note, any apps that will allow you to choose notification sounds for each app individually. some settings in apps don't let you select the tone and will instead just use the default. I'd like to be able to change them according to what app it's for.

thanks guys!

Advertisement
  2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

3. not exactly what I was looking for but those are really neat apps!

I just want something that will light up the screen, don't need a popup or anything.
  4. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

SMS Enhancer might do it, but given the name, I have a feeling it just works with SMS Apps.

Tasker could probably be configured to do the same thing too, but that might be over complicating things.
  5. RyanB

RyanB Distributor of Awesome VIP Member

OP, when you say "light up the screen", do you mean something like this app called NoLED:

(https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.led.notify)

or are you wanting the device to awaken and have the lockscreen on and awaiting your unlock action to alleviate the need to use the power button?
  6. I said in my original post that I WASN'T looking for NoLED, it doesn't do exactly what I want.

yes, essentially I want to be to able to wake up the lockscreen without using the power button.

I ended up geting NotifierPro Plus as El Presidente suggested which does this although the app was essentially made for status bar notifications. it does what I want for now but would really like something like bulky and fancy, something simple.
  7. RyanB

RyanB Distributor of Awesome VIP Member

Sorry, that's what I get for skimming.

From what I caught in this XDA thread, maybe Tasker will help with what you want?