Screen light up when text message received?Support

Last Updated:

1. king23

king23 New Member

is there a way or an application to make the screen light up from sleep when a text message is received using the stock sms?

thanks guys

2. Talderon

Talderon Well-Known Member

No, there isn't.

However, I find that Handcent SMS is a much better application and it allows you to have your screen light up and a "pop-up" appear with the message and you can reply directly from that pop-up as well (without having to unlock your phone).

It even has Trackball Colors for Froyo on the N1. :D
  3. mkrmec

mkrmec Well-Known Member

doubtfull and you would wake the phone every time you would do it.. additional battery drain.
  4. cyberbob25

cyberbob25 Well-Known Member

SMS Popup will accomplish this. It provides the same functionality that Talderon will wake the screen and show a pop-up with the text. This can be used in conjunction with the stock messaging app.
  5. all12jus

all12jus New Member

I am thinking about adding a feature to my app that will light the screen up for 5 seconds and then it will turn back off. I will post again when I have finished the update and posted to the android market.
  6. dberm22

dberm22 New Member

I just published an app on the market for that exact purpose. It's called SMS WakeUp, and it does exactly what you want, no more, no less.

You can get it here:
  7. You, sir, are amazing. I am also a recent iPhone converter and was upset about this. This app is amazing! Thank you very much!