Screen lights up occasionally for no reasonSupport

Last Updated:

1. Smoghog

Smoghog Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone else notice their Captivate screen waking up for no reason? Mine's only done it a couple of times, just wondering if there might be a more serious underlying issue. It'll light up for a couple of seconds with no alterts, notifications or sounds, then go right back to sleep.

Usually while charging, btw.

Advertisement
  2. fireonhigh

fireonhigh Well-Known Member

i never have, you in the 30 days? return that bish..tell them you will bring the new one back before 30dayz unless they can find the G.D.gps. problem

3. fireonhigh

fireonhigh Well-Known Member

lol,,it will light up and vibrate,and tell you to unplug it after its charged,,other than that,,prolly just sending all your data to the C.I.A., N.S.A.,, you are in good hands MR. Anderson

4. Smoghog

Smoghog Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

When it did it last night, it was at 20% charging. And like I said, it's only happened a couple of times, hardly seems worth returning it. I've already put a pretty fair amount of time into tweaking and customizing, and I'd hate to start over from scratch because of such a small issue. Especially since I lucked out and got one in which the GPS works just fine. :)

It's mostly just curiosity.

5. mui

mui Member

I've seen an app called CT scheduler do that. Removed it and the flashing was gone. idk, maybe you have a similar app that wakesup like that.

6. Joeup24

Joeup24 Member

mine has done it twice that ive noticed.....i just figured it was like a missed call cause after i would get a txt from my wife saying she tried calling....

7. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

i believe it has something to do with one of your applications that needs to sync. It happens a few days to me but no big deal. It turns off right away.