1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Screen lock apps

Last Updated:

1. sookster54

sookster54 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

With my Motorola Quench/Cliq XT the standard lock screen is a bit bland and requires the menu button to be pushed to unlock and I prefer a slide to unlock like many other phones has. However the problem is when I install advanced lock or lock 2.0 or some other locking app, it causes my camera button to wake the phone which gets pushed often while inside the holster case, the camera button doesn't wake the phone on stock. Does anyone know if there's a setting to disable the camera button function for such things?

Advertisement
  2. rcrott1

rcrott1 Well-Known Member

check out widget locker.

3. mtomar

mtomar Member

4. kevin@teslacoilsw

kevin@teslacoilsw VIP Member VIP Member

The issue is that a third-party program cannot control which buttons wake the device* only the system's keyguard can do this. Most of the replacement lock screens on the Market fully disable the system keyguard which then makes any button wake the device. WidgetLocker has an Easy Wake Mode which does this, but the default is to keep the system's keyguard while the screen is off (so only power wakes the device) and just disabling it while the screen is on (so you don't ever see it).

However WidgetLocker requires Android 2.1 or higher, which I don't believe you have on the Cliq XT yet.

* There may be a way around this, but it is not straight forward.

5. kopkiwi

kopkiwi Well-Known Member

+1

Love this app. One of my favourites.

6. blues4ceausesc

blues4ceausesc New Member

Just wondering if it's possible to have an app which keeps track of the times when people attempted to use your phone and what passcode they attempted on the lock screen.

If yes, are there are rules against making an app which function as an alternative the standard screen lock system for either Android or iPhone?

Thanks guys.

7. Guamguy

Guamguy Well-Known Member

I use Lockbot Pro or GOTO on my HTC phones. You can wake the phone via the trackpad or trackball.

Lockbot Pro lets you mimic the lockscreens of various phones, from the iPhone, the HTC Sense, the Xperia X10, the Galaxy S, Motorola Droid/Android 2.0, Froyo. Also lets you add all sorts of different themes.

GOTO is more for productivity. In addition to presenting a slide lock, you can access text messages, calls and GMail from the lockscreen itself.