Screen Lock Button Stuck...

Last Updated:

1. jamo

jamo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So, I went to use my phone today, and the screen lock button won't unlock the screen. I restarted, but nothing. I did a battery pull, still nothing. So, I went to the Verizon store and they couldn't get it to work either. I'm getting a new Droid sent to me this week. No real complaint, it's been a great phone otherwise, and the store rep was great. He talked to me about rooting, after noticing my cool Droid sticker I ordered after seeing it on this site, and we talked about the Incredible for awhile. He liked it, but had only bad things to say about the screen, especially in sunlight while wearing sunglasses.

Overall, no real complaint: a little problem and Verizon handled it great.:D

Advertisement
  2. CBLJazz

CBLJazz Well-Known Member

Put SCREEN MODE WIDGET on your brew phone.

SMW- the tool that should have come with the droid.

3. CBLJazz

CBLJazz Well-Known Member

Put SCREEN MODE WIDGET on your brew phone.

SMW- the tool that should have come with the droid.

4. jamo

So, just an update, but now my headphone jack has come loose. Suddenly, it seems like my Droid is falling apart. I get static anytime I plug my Aux cord into it, and it starts the stock music player automatically, for some reason. I hope this isn't indicative of the build quality. I've been a big fan of my phone so far, but now it's falling apart after 4 months of having it. Also, no drops or impacts, so it shouldn't be that... I'm definitely a little thrilled with my phone than I was a week ago.

5. jamo

I should be getting my "like new" Droid in the mail tomorrow. I just had an idea for anyone who has returned one, would Verizon care if I didn't send the battery back? I'd like a 2nd battery, and this seems like a good way to get one. Is the battery counted as part of the device?

6. ricksievers

ricksievers Well-Known Member

If I got a replacement phone and it came with a battery, I would keep the old battery for the hell of it

7. binglejellsx2

binglejellsx2 Well-Known Member

They normally send you a refurb without the battery, sd card, or maybe even battery cover. You'd still have too use your old ones. If you do get a spare battery, then you're one lucky guy.

8. Caveman419

Caveman419 Well-Known Member

Every replacement phone that Verizon has sent me did not come with a battery.

9. jamo

Yeah, I can confirm that the "new" phone did not come with a battery door or battery. I am happy with it though, we'll just see how it holds up. I'm pretty disappointed with the build quality of my first Droid, so I'm hoping it was just a fluke. Loose headphone jack, broken lock button, and generally laggy performance isn't really something I expected after 4 months of use. But, the phone I got yesterday seems solid, so I'll stay optimistic!