Screen lock delay in Galaxy S2General

Last Updated:

1. anuj.aggarwal

anuj.aggarwal Member

I am facing a very annoying problem from the day I configured my Galaxy S2 for my official mails. I need to password / pin protect my phone without which I can not enable this service on my phone.

This is understood but I could not find a way in Android 2.3.3 by which the time can be configured after which the phone gets locked. In my phone, there is only one setting which controls the screen timeout (max 10 min). But there is no separate control (like iPhone) which you can use to delay the phone getting locked as well for some extended time.

I tried moving to XXKI3-2.3.5 as well but no result. I am losing hope now. Please help!!!!!

Unfortunately, this option is present in Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch which runs 2.3.4 but even after moving to 2.3.5, I am not able to do so.

2. bgoody

bgoody Well-Known Member

Try Ripple Lock. I think it does that and also the screen .comes on instantly.
  3. anuj.aggarwal

anuj.aggarwal Member

This won't help as my company policy forces me to have pin / password lock only. Even the pattern lock will be disabled as soon as I configure my mail client.

I need some control like iPhone where the phone does not get locked for a configurable amount of time. My colleagues use that and it allows them to keep the phone unlocked as long as they want.

Am I clear now?
  4. bgoody

bgoody Well-Known Member

Perhaps. If you go into the settings of Ripple Lock, you can set up the Lockscreen password. Then there is another setting elsewhere for how long the screen stays on before it goes to sleep.
  5. anuj.aggarwal

anuj.aggarwal Member

I have to try that but want to confirm with someone if possible.

Any idea if rooting helps in this? I am willing to do that as well.
  6. Remeniz

Remeniz Well-Known Member

I use No Lock from the market. And place the lock icon on my home screen...

This way, when i'm using my phone a lot I can just click on the lock icon, and disable the phone lock, instead of it locking (and entering the password) every minute, to use the phone again.

When I know i'm not going to use the phone for I while I enable the lock.
  7. anuj.aggarwal

anuj.aggarwal Member

Looks like I found a solution. Now in "Location and Security", I am seeing an additional Timeout setting in "Screen Unlock Settings" which gives me an option of choosing a lock timeout after the screen timeout occurs. This is what I was looking for months now and I am glad that after moving to 2.3.5, I am able to find so.

Hurrah !!!!
  8. Remeniz

Remeniz Well-Known Member

I don't have this option in 2.3.3....

9. BushNo10

BushNo10 Member

I can't see this either..
  10. Russell Ng

Russell Ng Well-Known Member

I am using widgetsoid. It is a customizable widget. One of the buttons is Screen On which keeps the screen on all the time. I use it when I am using GPS because if I don't the screen will dim and switch off after a while. Might do the same thing in this case.