• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Screen lock doesn't work after setting Phone lock pattern/pw

DIMiller

Lurker
Sep 9, 2010
Hi. I have a Motorola Milestone from Telus running Android 2.1 (update 1). If I leave the "Phone lock type" as "None", the phone properly locks (i.e. when I briefly press the power button (on top of the phone) the screen blanks out and when I press it again the lock screen appears). However, if I enable the "Phone lock type" to either pattern or password and then press the power button once to blank the screen and then a second time to turn the screen on again, the phone just goes back to the previous screen (instead of the lock screen).

Am I doing something wrong here? Right now, I have the phone set to lock after one minute of inactivity. I would really like to be able to lock the phone by using the "lock/power" button.

Thanks

Hi. I have a Motorola Milestone from Telus running Android 2.1 (update 1). If I leave the "Phone lock type" as "None", the phone properly locks (i.e. when I briefly press the power button (on top of the phone) the screen blanks out and when I press it again the lock screen appears). However, if I enable the "Phone lock type" to either pattern or password and then press the power button once to blank the screen and then a second time to turn the screen on again, the phone just goes back to the previous screen (instead of the lock screen).

Am I doing something wrong here? Right now, I have the phone set to lock after one minute of inactivity. I would really like to be able to lock the phone by using the "lock/power" button.

Thanks

The only thing that you might want to check is the Security Lock Timeout setting in there. The default one is 30 minutes and unless you leave your phone locked for 30 minutes it will not lock. Set it to When display is off and it will lock immediately.

Reactions: DIMiller
Upvote 0
Is there any way at all to make that timeout work for the slide unlock as well? I love that timeout when used with the pattern lock or the pin lock, but I want to also have that same delay when using the simple slide lock

or more to the point, I'm tired of sliding that thing across every 30 seconds while playing music, etc

The slide lock is related to screen timeout and you can only change it by changing screen timeout in Settings>Sound & display>Screen timeout.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones