Screen Lock During Bluetooth CallSupport

Last Updated:

1. danno_182

danno_182 New Member This Topic's Starter

Anybody know if there is a way to lock the screen during a call when using a bluetooth headset? I've hung up on a couple people trying to do this.

Advertisement
  2. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

That's a good question, I haven't had a BT headset since I bought my Eris and my last one got washed, but I would like to know how to do it.

3. terigox

terigox Active Member

I also would like to know this! After doing some searching the only answers I seem to be coming across are "let the phone lock itself". Not sure if I like that nor have I let it sit long enough for it to try :)

4. stmartin84

stmartin84 Well-Known Member

I wish this question could be answered as well. I find myself putting my phone in my pocket while on the bluetooth and it goes crazy typing, selecting, etc. Anyone have an idea how to do this?

5. jmastron

jmastron Well-Known Member

Me too. Bluetooth seems like such an afterthought on Android -- no OBEX file transfer, no bluetooth voice dialing, and no way to start a call and slip the phone back in your pocket without spurious screen presses. All of which were on the 2 basic dumb "free" phones I've had (on AT&T) for the last 4+ years. Sigh...

On my wife's iPhone, the "sleep/wake" button on top is dedicated to that, and doesn't end the call, so you can use it to lock the screen after starting a call. I'm guessing a simple app/script for Android would be able to force a lock; maybe that'll be my first thing to develop.

6. Parttimer

Parttimer Member

I know this is an old thread but incase anyone is having this problem I used an App called 'Proximity Screen Off' and it works a treat on my Nexus s with bluetooth.

Proximity Screen Off - Android