Screen lock issueGeneral

Last Updated:

1. bluesmartie

bluesmartie Member

Hi. I've had to start using the screen lock, as when I don't the phone manages to slide the screen, in my pocket, and selects all manner of things. Something I've tried recreate on purpose, but can't, very infuriating. As annoying as I find having to type a pin, this solved the unlocking in my pocket issue. I've also changed the time-out delay to 30mins, so I lock and unlock the phone when I wish. The problem I now have, is when I make a call, the screen begins to dim immediately, then it goes blank. I then have to push the home key and input the pin to hang up. Or, when the caller hangs up the screen lock appears and I have to input the pin to continue using my phone. This is regardless of whether the screen lock is on prior to the call or not, or if I'm making the call or receiving. My proximity detector is turned off, the screen is dimming regardless of proximity to anything and not in line with the 30min time-out I've set. It's not the worst issue, but it's very annoying, I'd like to just be able to use my phone when I like, without having to put a pin in after every call. All help is appreciated

2. bluesmartie

bluesmartie Member

Just thought I'd give an update, as to benefit anyone else with this problem. I've installed an app called "On Call End". It seems to be doing the trick.
  3. bluesmartie

bluesmartie Member

Alas it was to good to be true. It has stopped working and the screen is back to going off after 20seconds or so. Apparently, this is something that is Samsung have built into their phones, it maybe the case with all androids, as there's quite a few threads. It's extremely irritating, either way. I've tried an app called 'Screen on' and although it was claimed to work, in another thread, my phone just continues to turn the screen off and force me to unlock it with the pin.
  4. azard

azard New Member

how to unlock the screen in Galaxy Note GT 7000 if the pass word is forgotten?
  5. Huang Lim

Huang Lim New Member

How do I delete the lock screen? I installed an app that has a cool lock screen but I don't wanna unlock my screen 2 times. :/